Welcome to TheBivvy forum - to make the most of our forum, please register. Otherwise, please feel free to browse as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to TheBivvy forum - to make the most of our forum, please register. Otherwise, please feel free to browse as a guest.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Our Friends!

Pallatrax

Kryston Advanced Angling

FishHereApp

24-7 fishing

+4
nitrostu
millbrook fisheries
Dan
clint4782
8 posters

Millbrook Fishery

clint4782
    clint4782

Millbrook Fishery Empty Millbrook Fishery

Post by clint4782 Wed May 09, 2012 4:42 am

Venue review; Millbrook Fishery
    Mill Lane
    Wetley Rocks
    Staffordshire
    ST9 0BN
    01782 550522
    info@millbrookfisheries.co.uk
    www.millbrookfisheries.co.uk

If you could design a perfect carp fishery which would fulfil the wish of every carp angler, then Millbrook may well be the place. I’ve often considered just what I would want at MY perfect (post lottery win!) imaginary carp venue, and I think Millbrook has it covered! I went to sit owners Craig and Lee to find out more before it opens for business on Friday 11th May.....

Millbrook Fishery MB6MFF

Situated on the edge of the picturesque Staffordshire Moorlands, Millbrook is comprised of a single 4.5 acre fishing pool, associated stock/breeding pools, a toilet/amenity block and extensive carp ark; it doesn’t stop there though, everywhere you turn, there is a small touch which adds to the aesthetics of the place to make it into a truly lovely site.
    Surrounded by substantial fencing and well signed, it offers safety and protection for the visiting angler; no worries about thefts of tackle or from vehicles, and, in addition to onsite staff, 24 hour cctv also ensures a worry free visit, so fishing with complete peace of mind is a great start. Entering the gates, anglers are confronted with a huge gravelled carp ark with loads of room to remove tackle from vehicles without bumping the car parked next door, and as it is hard standing, there is no need to dump your kit into a muddy puddle whilst you get the barrow out.

There is no muddy track to get to the lakeside either; the pathways are all beautifully laid out and finished with lovely flagstones which offer superb access for the less able angler. No sharp turns, just sweeping curves which lead down to the lake and every peg is levelled to perfection and provides plenty of room for anglers. Little touches such as matching capstones on each pillar and locally sourced stone for the walls ensures that Millbrook really blends in with the surrounding area.

Millbrook Fishery MB5MFF

Each of the twelve pegs are thoughtfully laid out and well covered in bark chips to provide excellent drainage and prevent tackle becoming soaked in mud. Each is faced with a huge wooden sleeper and edged with stone to inhibit any movement of soil or chips and keep everything tidy; looks great too! Behind the peg is a low wall which is gently curved to offer integrity to the bankside behind and is inlaid with a carved stone number to identify each station. There is more than enough room for a two man bivvy, and would certainly fit a much bigger continental style bivvy if required.

Once sited on the peg, what does Millbrook have to offer? With 4.5 acres to keep twelve anglers happy, there is loads of water in front of each peg, although there are boundaries marked with white tipped posts to prevent any confusion. Depths average around 4-5 feet with a small amount of silt on the lake bed, and there are abundant plantings both at the water’s edge and of extensive lily beds which offer shade and cover for the carp within. Willow trees and a variety of other deciduous/evergreens will offer colour all year round if you take an interest in your surroundings. Two large islands present a ‘far bank’ feature for each angler to cast to, and once again, each is extensively planted with well established reeds and other cover.

Millbrook Fishery MbMFF

Within Millbrook, there are carp to 35lbs+ which were introduced in late 2011 and left to settle and grow; already fish stocked at lower weights have started to pile on the weight as a result of careful management and having room to feed without undue pressure for food stocks. There are just over eighty fish, with at least ten over 30lbs+ and forty fish well over the 20lbs+ barrier, so it really is the place to look for a new personal best! The stock are being ‘beefed up’ on CC Moores baits, so it may pay to offer something similar when you fish........just a thought!

Millbrook Fishery LEEMFF

Facilities at Millbrook are outstanding; a dedicated toilet/shower block gives access to male, female and disabled amenities, a shower and booking office/shop, so there is no need to go home cold and wet in the event of a sudden deluge. Craig intends to stock the shop with only quality baits to maintain the health of the carp and offer the visitor the opportunity to use baits the fish are used to accepting as a recognised food source.

The rules at Millbrook are reasonable and designed to protect the fish, the lake and the surroundings whilst ensuring that every angler enjoys the visit. All anglers are allowed to use only two rods, no under anglers under 16 are allowed, no bait boats (there is no need!) and then much of the rest is common sense; the rules worthy of note include using the weigh slings, nets and (huge!) unhooking mats provided by the fishery to care for the catch properly. There are also bait rules in place to guard against unused or uneaten bait fermenting on the lake bed and a few other regulations; however if you are a sensible angler with a sensible outlook, then there are no rules which will affect your enjoyment!

So there you have it. It’s the fishery that many anglers dream of, now a reality and available on a day ticket costing just £20. Currently Millbrook is open for four days per week (Friday-Monday), from 0630 when anglers will be asked to draw a peg number to ensure everyone gets a fair chance to bag a lump. Definitely a fishery for the future, I’ll see you on the bank!
    Dan
    Dan
    The Bivvy Regular
    The Bivvy Regular

Millbrook Fishery Empty Re: Millbrook Fishery

Post by Dan Wed May 09, 2012 4:55 am

When are we giving this a.bash?
    clint4782
    clint4782

Post by clint4782 Wed May 09, 2012 4:59 am

I'm on June 8th.....
    Dan
    Dan
    The Bivvy Regular
    The Bivvy Regular

Post by Dan Wed May 09, 2012 5:07 am

I will have to give them a bell to see when is free!
    millbrook fisheries

Millbrook Fishery Empty millbrook fisheries

Post by millbrook fisheries Wed May 09, 2012 5:19 am

thank you for write up for millbrook it was nice meeting you,
    see you on the bank soon.
    thanks again craig Very Happy
    Dan
    Dan
    The Bivvy Regular
    The Bivvy Regular

Post by Dan Wed May 09, 2012 5:23 am

Welcome to the forum, most of us are stokies so may get a few calls
    Dan
    Dan
    The Bivvy Regular
    The Bivvy Regular

Post by Dan Wed May 09, 2012 5:32 pm

Me and daz are going to sort a day out, just need to wait until I get back from wales!
    nitrostu
    nitrostu

Post by nitrostu Wed May 09, 2012 6:56 pm

This is prob a silly question but you say a day is that 24hrs or dawn till dusk? Thwnks
    BertieBiggins
    BertieBiggins
    The Bivvy Regular
    The Bivvy Regular

Post by BertieBiggins Wed May 09, 2012 8:06 pm

Dusk till Dawn I believe.
    clint4782
    clint4782

Post by clint4782 Sat May 12, 2012 1:57 am

27lbs 10ozs for Shaun Swift today on a bright pink pop up; I missed the 36lb'er which came out earlier in the morning................
    [img]Millbrook Fishery ShaunSwift27lbs10ozsfromMillbrookFishery[/img]
    keithw
    keithw

Post by keithw Sat May 12, 2012 4:20 am

good angler is shaun, nice one on the fish....
    Dan
    Dan
    The Bivvy Regular
    The Bivvy Regular

Post by Dan Sun May 13, 2012 10:07 pm

Hearing loads of reports of big carp being pulled out often now! Cant wait to fish this!
    keithw
    keithw

Post by keithw Mon May 14, 2012 1:52 am

a lad i know has had two 30s off today.. darren meades...on scientific baits ..top dangling
    Ashcity76
    Ashcity76
    The Bivvy Regular
    The Bivvy Regular

Post by Ashcity76 Sat May 19, 2012 8:41 pm

Anyone watch tight lines last nite millbrook was on with ting tong fishing it looks amazing and the fish he caught were stunners
    BertieBiggins
    BertieBiggins
    The Bivvy Regular
    The Bivvy Regular

Post by BertieBiggins Sat May 19, 2012 10:06 pm

I had just come on to say the same thing Ash, very good review of the venue Smile

He seemed a cracking lad as well.
    scissorsdaz
    scissorsdaz

Post by scissorsdaz Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:55 pm

Really enjoyed my first day at millbrook . I arrived at 630am and waited till 645 till pegs were drawn , I'd read that peg 4 was good so I hoped to draw somewhere along them lines . I drew peg 5 and headed off round to my peg . The fishery is gorgeous with the best made pegs I've ever seen and the best island features ive seen simply beautiful ! I pulled up to peg 5 and it was alive with carp activity and could not wait to get my rods in I set my pod up and first rod and a bookie crumb and pellet mix for pva mesh and cast my first rod out into the activity . I was stunned to get a run 30 seconds later but missed it so I quickly reloaded and put it back in same spot . I then proceeded to set my other rod up and rest of my kit and settle down on my chair as soon as I sat down it was off again . A new pb at 22 I was very pleased with myself . I cast back on the spot then 30 mins later I proper run took right off and almost with my rod !! I knew it was bigger and it was24.5 I was a very happy man !! Through the day I had 3 runs one good one which would of been my biggest but a mussel cut my line and I lost it :-( Lee and Craig are top blokes lee even ran me to garage to get food top man thank you !!! This place will be my new second home I love it and won't go anywhere else
    scissorsdaz
    scissorsdaz

Post by scissorsdaz Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:56 pm

Oh and fishing here is 645 till 930
    Dan
    Dan
    The Bivvy Regular
    The Bivvy Regular

Post by Dan Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:48 pm

Nice review mate Smile