Welcome to TheBivvy forum - to make the most of our forum, please register. Otherwise, please feel free to browse as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to TheBivvy forum - to make the most of our forum, please register. Otherwise, please feel free to browse as a guest.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Our Friends!

Pallatrax

Kryston Advanced Angling

FishHereApp

24-7 fishing

2 posters

Good competitive priced fishing gear?.

tazi

Good competitive priced fishing gear?. Empty Good competitive priced fishing gear?.

Post by tazi Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:33 pm

Hi all.

New member on here. Very Happy Cool

There's lots of expensive gear out there and some of it 'to me anyway' isn't the quality you'd expect but you pay through the nose due to the marketing they do.

Recently had the Carpzone barrow and at £79.99 with free P&P it's an awesome piece of kit. Used it just the once and it's amazingly easy to push over any terrain.

Nordik tackle also have some decent stuff at competitive prices but you need to check their website as they bring out new stuff every so often. Had the Nordik 2 man bivvy off them and whilst they dont make it anymore 'maybe they will again in the future' it just oozes quality.

Cyprinus appears to be another reasonably priced company without compromising quality. Shall be using the Cyprinus magmatex 3-5 season 'you can take the inner section out for those summer months' sleeping bag this winter and if it's performance matches those rave reviews about it then it's a bargain at £79.99. They also do bedchairs and bivvy's etc etc at competitive prices.

Can anyone recommend any other decent tackle at competetive prices as i'm sure we all like a good deal for our hard earned.

Thanks for listening and happy fishing... Smile Smile

BertieBiggins
    BertieBiggins
    The Bivvy Regular
    The Bivvy Regular

Good competitive priced fishing gear?. Empty Re: Good competitive priced fishing gear?.

Post by BertieBiggins Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:54 pm

I'm about to purchase a new bedchair so may check some of those out, cheers for the info kidda Smile
    tazi

Good competitive priced fishing gear?. Empty Re: Good competitive priced fishing gear?.

Post by tazi Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:23 pm

BertieBiggins wrote:I'm about to purchase a new bedchair so may check some of those out, cheers for the info kidda Smile

No problem, you're welcome.

Cyprinus get rave reviews over their bedchairs at fantastic competitive prices.

Happy shopping and happy fishing. Cool

BTW...You pay nothing near the RRP when looking on the Cyprinus website. They use Tackle discounts amongst others to sell their products.
    tazi

Post by tazi Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:33 am

Take a look at the carpzone bedchairs too. Get really great reviews as do other products they sell.
    BertieBiggins
    BertieBiggins
    The Bivvy Regular
    The Bivvy Regular

Post by BertieBiggins Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:55 am

I'm liking the look of the memory foam one! £130 through tackle discounts Very Happy When the RRP is £269 thats nots a bad saving eh!
    tazi

Post by tazi Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:17 am

BertieBiggins wrote:I'm liking the look of the memory foam one! £130 through tackle discounts Very Happy When the RRP is £269 thats nots a bad saving eh!

Fantastic saving...

Get great reviews too, dont think iv'e read a bad un to be honest.

Cyprinus use Tackle discounts along with amazon as outlets to sell their products.

BertieBiggins
    BertieBiggins
    The Bivvy Regular
    The Bivvy Regular

Post by BertieBiggins Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:30 am

Like the wide boy one as well, £299 RRP and £99 on Tackle discounts!

BOTH out of stock though Sad
    tazi

Post by tazi Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:40 am

Pretrty sure that if you telephoned them that they'd be having stock in.

Carpzone bedchairs and all their other products get rave reviews too.

This one from cyprinus is available by tackle discounts through amazon.

I purchased a Daiwa bedchair quite a while ago before hearing of these companies otherwise i'd have tried them and saved a few bob.

BertieBiggins
    BertieBiggins
    The Bivvy Regular
    The Bivvy Regular

Post by BertieBiggins Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:53 am

Yeah, I have just found a cracking CarpZone one! £120 will do me fine Smile
    BertieBiggins
    BertieBiggins
    The Bivvy Regular
    The Bivvy Regular

Post by BertieBiggins Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:48 pm

I'm very close to buying this on:

http://www.carp-zone.co.uk/product/Chairs%20and%20Bedchairs/CZ071/Carp%20Zone%20Mega%20Wide%20Bedchair%20with%20Wellie%20Wipe%20and%20Cover

Looks like you get a lot for money with this one!! Only thing stopping me is that its not a big name..... I'm not a tackle tart as such but when buying an important item like this, I would usually tend to go for a name and thus known quality.
    tazi

Post by tazi Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:31 am

BertieBiggins wrote:I'm very close to buying this on:

http://www.carp-zone.co.uk/product/Chairs%20and%20Bedchairs/CZ071/Carp%20Zone%20Mega%20Wide%20Bedchair%20with%20Wellie%20Wipe%20and%20Cover

Looks like you get a lot for money with this one!! Only thing stopping me is that its not a big name..... I'm not a tackle tart as such but when buying an important item like this, I would usually tend to go for a name and thus known quality.

After googling reviews of these bedchairs they're given very good reviews 'infact i dont think any of their products have had bad reviews'.

They're obviously a low profile company and to keep trading they must be doing something right.

Had big name tackle in the past 'and i still do' but even some of the supposed bigger named brands some of their quality is poor.

Put a Nash tag etc etc on that carpzone bedchair and they'd be adding at least, at least £50-£100 on it.

Same as i say iv'e had a barrow of them and it's awesome quality.
    BertieBiggins
    BertieBiggins
    The Bivvy Regular
    The Bivvy Regular

Post by BertieBiggins Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:01 am

It will be ordered chap, can't see any reason not too.

Lots more for your money and for the money its a bargain.

I will let you know whats its like as soon as it arrives Smile

Cheers for the links anyway, perfect timing as I was looking at them in time for Christmas.
    tazi

Post by tazi Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:24 am

BertieBiggins wrote:It will be ordered chap, can't see any reason not too.

Lots more for your money and for the money its a bargain.

I will let you know whats its like as soon as it arrives Smile

Cheers for the links anyway, perfect timing as I was looking at them in time for Christmas.

No probs you're welcome.

The only thing that i might find irritable about a removable mattress on a bedchair is the velcro which attaches it in place because i might just find it exactly that 'irritable'. Then again if i were to purchase a bedchair with a removable mattress i'd only remove it for transport purposes if i found it a little bulky when transporting it. Having said that I'd certainly always have it attached when lying on it so in effect i wouldn't find it irritable at all.

Good luck mate and i look forward to hearing how it goes.

PS, the barrow i brought i put an absolute ton of weight on it, pushed it uphill and with it's extra wide wheel and quality build it was a breeze to push and same as i say all their products get rave reviews.

The bed chair 'albeit not the extra wide version' is available on amazon and both customer reviews on there give it 5 stars out of 5.
    BertieBiggins
    BertieBiggins
    The Bivvy Regular
    The Bivvy Regular

Post by BertieBiggins Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:41 am

Its in my Amazon basket already! lol
    tazi

Post by tazi Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:06 am

BertieBiggins wrote:Its in my Amazon basket already! lol

Smile Smile

If it were me i'd take it out of my amazon basket as they charge delivery and yet on the carpzone website it's free delivery...

BertieBiggins
    BertieBiggins
    The Bivvy Regular
    The Bivvy Regular

Post by BertieBiggins Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:42 am

tazi wrote:
    BertieBiggins wrote:Its in my Amazon basket already! lol

Smile Smile

If it were me i'd take it out of my amazon basket as they charge delivery and yet on the carpzone website it's free delivery...

It does say £5 postage but it doesn't appear to be charging it......

Aren't they much more expensive direct from the site?
    BertieBiggins
    BertieBiggins
    The Bivvy Regular
    The Bivvy Regular

Post by BertieBiggins Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:03 am

Ignore me, same price directly!! lol
    tazi

Post by tazi Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:23 am

Smile

Same price same as you say from Carpzone but with free delivery.

Ordering direct from Carpzone the product i had was delivered very quickly.
    BertieBiggins
    BertieBiggins
    The Bivvy Regular
    The Bivvy Regular

Post by BertieBiggins Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:14 pm

I will be ordering direct!! It is actually a christmas present so I will hopefully get to use is early for the weekend in December Very Happy
    tazi

Post by tazi Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:26 am

BertieBiggins wrote:I will be ordering direct!! It is actually a christmas present so I will hopefully get to use is early for the weekend in December Very Happy

Laughing Laughing

Nice one.
    tazi

Post by tazi Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:02 am

I used the Cyprinus magmatex 3-5 season sleeping bag last night on my bedchair in the living room 'try it out before doing a few nights in Jan' and had to fcuk off up to bed as i was too bloody hot.

Roll on January.
    BertieBiggins
    BertieBiggins
    The Bivvy Regular
    The Bivvy Regular

Post by BertieBiggins Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:50 am

I have a fox one (again I can't remember what design it is) but thats been excellent thus far, depths of winter will prove a sterner test though but we will see......
    BertieBiggins
    BertieBiggins
    The Bivvy Regular
    The Bivvy Regular

Post by BertieBiggins Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:29 am

My bedchair has arrived today Tazi, yet to be examined as I'm at work, but I will be rushing back I can assure you!! Very Happy

I will let you know as soon as I have inspected it..... may even sleep on it tonight! haha
    tazi

Post by tazi Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:53 am

BertieBiggins wrote:My bedchair has arrived today Tazi, yet to be examined as I'm at work, but I will be rushing back I can assure you!! Very Happy

I will let you know as soon as I have inspected it..... may even sleep on it tonight! haha

Smile Smile

Nice one mate.

Hope that it lives up to the reviews, sure it will.

Look forward to hearing how the bedchair is.

Happy sleeping if you do. Very Happy
    BertieBiggins
    BertieBiggins
    The Bivvy Regular
    The Bivvy Regular

Post by BertieBiggins Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:48 pm

Its superb, really comfortable and seems really well made. Its MASSIVE as well and will no doubt be ripe for a cracking nights sleep. I went for the extra wide one, not because I am huge, but so it feels more like a normal bed and would distribute my weight more evenly.

I didn't sleep in it, but its a massive thumbs up thus far! I will let you know how I get on with it on my return next weekend.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:41 pm