Welcome to TheBivvy forum - to make the most of our forum, please register. Otherwise, please feel free to browse as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to TheBivvy forum - to make the most of our forum, please register. Otherwise, please feel free to browse as a guest.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Our Friends!

Pallatrax

Kryston Advanced Angling

FishHereApp

24-7 fishing

+2
clint4782
catchoftheday2011
6 posters

Prefered the look of the other site ?

catchoftheday2011
    catchoftheday2011

Prefered the look of the other site ? Empty Prefered the look of the other site ?

Post by catchoftheday2011 Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:32 pm

Evil or Very Mad Was it worth the change over Question
    clint4782
    clint4782

Prefered the look of the other site ? Empty Re: Prefered the look of the other site ?

Post by clint4782 Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:05 pm

It would appear so; faster forum with more space, potential for better adspace (therefore commercial potential) and no doubt other benefits to do with bandwidth etc......hang in, you will get used to it, no-one likes change......
    Dan
    Dan
    The Bivvy Regular
    The Bivvy Regular

Prefered the look of the other site ? Empty Re: Prefered the look of the other site ?

Post by Dan Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:59 pm

1 millions times better - a lot more features, works a load better, easier to customise
    miniegg

Post by miniegg Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:32 am

just registered and had a quick brows and i must say i also prefer the old board. i just think it was easier to use due to it beginning simple,and basic, which other people i know who were members on here loved about it, with making it a bit more complicated to use will it put people off (just my and few of the old members veiw). Which i hope it does,nt cause i've really enjoyed it on here and meeting new people at the matches we do. Anyway hope it's as successfull as the old board and i'll still be spreading the word about the forum. Thanks miniegg.
    mumf

Post by mumf Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:38 am

Personally , I'm not swayed either way. Both are good and pretty easy to use .
    Dan
    Dan
    The Bivvy Regular
    The Bivvy Regular

Post by Dan Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:39 am

Im not sure how this is any more difficult to be honest mini, maybe its just because its different but its pretty simple to use too.
    miniegg

Post by miniegg Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:56 am

I think clint's got it right by some people don't like change, but the complicated bit comes from the old site being more or less the same setup as the oatcake which with 90% of the members being stoke fans they could relate to it straight away. Now it looks a bit diffrent and the set up changed slightly people think hey up whats gone on here and how do i do this and that, people panic lol.Anyway here's to hopefully a successful year for the forum and for me win some money at the matches and beat my brother (eggman) so i have family bragging rights.
    Dan
    Dan
    The Bivvy Regular
    The Bivvy Regular

Post by Dan Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:45 am

Yes mate I know what you mean, but the oatcake is dated, they have an established setup and would be wrong to change it, I know Smudge who still part owns the oatie and he would change it if it didnt mean thousands of people having to sign up Smile

People will get used to this one, it is a lot easier to edit and will be brilliant once it is back up to date with the members.

We want to attract a wider range of people here, not just stokies!
    BertieBiggins
    BertieBiggins
    The Bivvy Regular
    The Bivvy Regular

Post by BertieBiggins Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:48 am

If you close your eyes when viewing they both look the same!!

I actually prefer the new look to be honest, it has a much sharper feel to it and has the room to grow as we do Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content